In winter, when temperatures are low, the soil and groundwater still contain a considerable amount of heat. Heat pumps are able to utilise these heat sources by raising the temperature level of the extracted heat which then can subsequently be used for heating houses.
A heat pump operates on the same principal as a refrigerator but in this case, however, the heating and not the cooling effect is utilised. It extracts heat at a low temperature level from an external source (soil, ground water or external air) and raises it to a higher level which may then be used for heating houses.
Today, there is a wide range of technically well-engineered heat pump products of various types available. These days, for planners, installation companies and users, it is becoming ever more difficult to select the correct product as externally there is very little to differentiate them. As the quality of the product effects to a large degree the service life of the product the correct purchase decision for the customer is financially important.
Trust is good – KEYMARK is better
KEYMARK is the European quality mark for products and services. It stands for the voluntary tested, and at least every two years monitored, compliance of a product with the European standards and the specified requirements of the European certification scheme. In addition there is annual monitoring of the factory production control. DIN CERTCO is the first empowered certification body in Germany for awarding the KEYMARK and thus the contact partner for manufacturers and suppliers of heat pumps.
Advantage for manufacturers: Europe wide marketing by a uniform quality mark with the motto: Tested and certified once, accepted everywhere is the appropriate approach in a single European market!
Basis of Testing and Certification
The certification details and procedure are defined in a special European certification scheme, which was compiled jointly with the European Heat Pump Association (ehpa) and other European certification bodies. This cooperation provides for the largest possible acceptance, transparency and marketability of the KEYMARK-certification of heat pumps in Europe.
The following European standards and directives are contained within the testing and certification:
- DIN EN 14511-1 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 1: Terms, definitions and classification"
- DIN EN 14511-2 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 2: Test conditions"
- DIN EN 14511-3 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 3: Test methods"
- DIN EN 14511-4 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 4: Operating requirements, marking and instructions"
- DIN EN 14825 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps, with electrically driven compressors, for space heating and cooling - Testing and rating at part load conditions and calculation of seasonal performance"
- DIN EN 15879-1 "Testing and rating of direct exchange ground coupled heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and/or cooling - Part 1: Direct exchange-to-water heat pumps"
- DIN EN 12102 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages, heat pumps and dehumidifiers with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Measurement of airborne noise - Determination of the sound power level"
- DIN EN 12309 "Gas-fired sorption appliances for heating and/or cooling with a net heat input not exceeding 70 kW - Part 1: Terms and definitions"
- DIN EN 16147 "Heat pumps with electrically driven compressors - Testing and requirements for marking of domestic hot water units"
- Regulation (EU) No. 813/2013 for environmentally responsible design (eco-design) of space heating equipment and combined heating equipment.
- Regulation (EU) No. 814/2013 for environmentally responsible design (eco-design) of water heaters and hot water tanks.
Testing and Assessment
Only those heat pumps are certified with "KEYMARK", that were successfully tested by a testing laboratory approved by DIN CERTCO, neutrally assessed and thus proofed their compliance with the relevant European standards and the KEYMARK certification scheme.
After a positive assessment result DIN CERTCO issues a certificate which is valid for five years. The registration number for a clear identification of the certified product has the following structure: 011-W000 which serves as protection against misuse of the mark.
On application the certificate may be extended, if necessary, by a further 5 years, provided the external control in the form of an annual check of the factory production control (FPC) as well as check test of the products has been successfully carried out every two years.
|doc||Application Form||172 KB||Download|
|Certification Scheme Heat Pump KEYMARK||1001 KB||Download|
|Annex A Heat Pump KEYMARK Requirements||474 KB||Download|
|Annex B Heat Pump KEYMARK Factory Inspections FPC||169 KB||Download|
|Annex C Heat Pump KEYMARK FPC Report||397 KB||Download|
|Annex D2 Heat Pump KEYMARK Certificate Template||28 KB||Download|
|Annex D2 Heat Pump KEYMARK Certificate Template||48 KB||Download|
|Annex G Heat Pump KEYMARK OBL and Brands||163 KB||Download|
|Annex H Heat Pump KEYMARK Testing Laboratories||152 KB||Download|
|Annex I Heat Pump KEYMARK Transition Rules||239 KB||Download|
|Annex J Heat Pump KEYMARK Fees||118 KB||Download|
|Annex K Physical Inspection Report||189 KB||Download|
|Schedule of Fees for the certification of heat pumps (KEYMARK)||231 KB||Download|
|Brochure KEYMARK Heat Pumps||505 KB||Download|
|Brochure DIN CERTCO KEYMARK||445 KB||Download|
|CEN Brochure KEYMARK||3 MB||Download|
|CEN CENELEC – Internal Regulations Part 4 – Certification (THE KEYMARK SYSTEM)||459 KB||Download|
|Overview of Heat Pump Certification and Market Surveillance Requirements||372 KB||Download|
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
We´re looking forward to your message
DIN CERTCO Gesellschaft für Konformitätsbewertung mbH