Plastic pipes and their respective fittings, inspection chambers, and seals do capture more and more the user's confidence in nearly all applications where liquid, gaseous, or solid mediums are transported.
Since the 60th, plastic pipe products are liable to a successful and ambitious quality surveillance by the former Gütegemeinschaft Kunststoffrohre (GKR). The assurance of this quality level - confident by the user - is assumed with the beginning of the year 2004 by DIN CERTCO
This voluntary product certification for premium plastic piping systems, supplies a special proof of quality. It represents an important guideline and decision making aid for specialised planners, pipe fitters, builders and developers.
Area of application (former Gütegruppen)
The plastic pipe products and their basic materials, certified by DIN CERTCO, do cover the following area of application (former Gütegruppen):
- Basic materials for pressure pipes and fittings made of PE and PA according to PAS 1031
- Cable protection pipes of uPVC
- Drainage systems of uPVC
- Heating pipes of PE-X, multi-layer materials, and PE-RT
- House drainage systems and fittings made of PP and mineral-fibre reinforced plastics
- Industrial pipes and fittings made of PE, uPVC, and GRP
- Multilayer piping systems made of plastics with metallic inner layer for hot and cold water installation inside buildings according to ÖNORM B 5175
- Pipes for rehabilitation (U-line/structured-wall) made of PE, PP, and uPVC
- Pressure pipes and fittings (solid-wall/multi-layer) of PE for general applications, sewers and drains, gas mains, and drinking water mains
- Pressure pipes and fittings of uPVC for drinking water mains, sewers and drains and industrial water mains
- Pressure pipes made of PE 100-RC for alternative installation according to PAS 1075
- Seals of elastomers for Pressure piping systems, sewer and drains
- Sewer, drains, fittings, and inspection chambers (solid-wall/structured-wall) made of uPVC, PE, and PP
- Factory insulated district heating pipe systems
Testing and certification foundations
Basis of the certification are the individual and plastic pipe product related certification schemes which cover all relevant state-of-the-art engineering rules (DIN, DIN EN, DIN EN ISO standards and PAS).
Products which do furthermore fulfil the specific quality requirements, defined in the relevant certification schemes, are granted the right to use quality mark DINplus for plastic pipe systems. It may be awarded by
DIN CERTCO together with the trademark for plastic pipes of the Kunststoffrohrverband e. V. (KRV) .
DIBt-Recognition for Ü-mark
As an inspection and certification body, recognized by the German building a DIBt (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik) according to the Building Regulation (Landesbauordnung), DIN CERTCO furthermore assumes the appropriate inspection and issuing of the certificates of conformity (Übereinstimmungszertifikate) for regulated construction products.
Testing and assessment
The quality mark "DINplus" for plastic pipe systems and their basic materials is only granted to those products, which were successfully tested against the relevant standards and DINplus-certification schemes by a testing laboratory approved by DIN CERTCO.
After a positive result of the assessment DIN CERTCO issues a certificate that is unlimited valid, provided that the semi-annual surveillance of the product and factory production control (quality system) shows that the preconditions are fulfilled.
The registration number, ensuring the identification of the plastic pipe system, has got the following structure: P1R000.
All certificates are listed on our website at " Certificates and Registrations ". Manufacturer, planners, installers and private consumers do use our database to be informed about certified products.
There are lots of good reasons for a DIN-certification.
- Provide evidence of your superior quality
- Clearly set yourself apart in the competitive environment
- Help your customers make a decision by an international mark with high reputation
- As a neutral third party, DIN CERTCO backs up your quality assertions
- Provide evidence of tender requirements in the voluntary and legally obliged field
- Quicker market access for innovative products
- Control the quality of basic materials.
- Use of a strong international network of testing laboratories and cooperation partner like KRV and DVGW
|Application form "plastic pipe systems and their basic materials"||188 KB||Download|
|Certification Scheme Plastic Pipe Systems||2 MB||Download|
|Certification Scheme Materials for Plastic Pipe Systems||770 KB||Download|
|Certification Scheme Factory insulated district heating pipe systems||463 KB||Download|
|Schedule of fees "plastic pipe systems and their basic materials"||224 KB||Download|
|Flyer Plastic Pipe Systems||466 KB||Download|
|Testing-, Registration- and Certification Regulations||320 KB||Download|
|General Terms and Conditions||327 KB||Download|
Certificate Holder and Testing Partner
These topics may also be of interest to you.
We´re looking forward to your message
DIN CERTCO Gesellschaft für Konformitätsbewertung mbH