One of people’s top priorities is to protect their private homes. In order to meet this need, the German Institute for Standardization DIN, offers a comprehensive set of regulations in burglar-proof protection field.
For more than 20 years, DIN CERTCO provides certificates concerning burglar-resistant construction elements according to the specific standards. Manufacturers and suppliers can apply for this certification scheme free willing.
Nowadays, the DIN mark for safety techniques products is a significant decision criterion for customers and suppliers.
We offer the label “DIN-Geprüft einbruchhemmend” (DIN-Tested burglar-resistant) for the following safety products:
- Burglar-resistant pedestrian door sets and windows, curtain walling, grilles and shutters according to
DIN EN 1627
- Additional burglar-resistant products and products for port installation for windows and doors according to
DIN 18104-1 or -2
- Burglar-resistant gates according to DIN V ENV 1627
- Profile cylinders for door locks according to DIN 18252
- Mechatronic cylinders according to DIN EN 15684
Additionally we certify:
- Window handles according to DIN 18267
- Door fittings according DIN EN 1906 or DIN 18257
- Security glazing against manual attack according to DIN EN 356
Confidence is good – “DIN-Geprüft einbruchhemmend” is better!
The mark „DIN-Geprüft einbruchhemmend“ is the quality proof, which implies that the product entirely complies with the recommended standards, and the manufacturer is subjected to an independent and regular monitoring. This certification mark creates confidence to the customer that an independent, neutral and competent body has carefully examined and evaluated the test criteria.
Here you can find an up-to-date list of all approved certificate holders for burglar-resistant products.
Your key to the police recommended manufacturer directories
In order to make their houses safe, the customers trust the products, which are recommended and listed by the police in the so called manufacturer directories for tested and certified burglar-resistant products. They are published on behalf of the Central Office of the Commission for Criminal Prevention (KPK), by the Bavarian State Bureau for Criminal Investigation (BLKA).
The directories include manufacturers whose products were successfully tested in accordance with the standard and were certified by an accredited certification body. The consistently high quality of the products is regularly monitored by third parties. Your data are submitted to the BLKA twice a year. That's how consumers will find out about you.
DIN CERTCO guides you through the process and will register you and your certified products in the relevant manufacturer directory.
Our mark creates trust.
Basis for Testing
The procedure of certification uses product-specific certification schemes (given in the tab “documents”).
Anti-Burglary protection elements are awarded the certification mark if they meet criteria based on the following respective standards:
- DIN EN 1627:2011-09 Pedestrian doorsets, windows, curtain walling, grilles and shutters - Burglar resistance - Requirements and classification
- DIN 18104-1:2013-05 : Mechanical security equipment – Part 1: Burglar resistant products for port installation for windows and doors – Requirements and test methods
- DIN 18104-2:2013-05 Mechanical security devices – Part 2: Additional burglar resistant products for windows and doors – Requirements and test methods
- DIN EN 1906:2012-12 Building hardware – Lever handles and knob furniture – Requirements and test methods
- DIN 18267:2015-02 Window handles – Clickable and lockable window handles
- DIN 18252:2006-12 Profile cylinders for door locks – Terminology, dimensions, requirements and marking
- DIN EN 15684:2013-01 Building hardware – Mechatronic cylinders – Requirements and test methods
- DIN EN 356:2000-02 Glass in building – Security glazing – Testing and classification of resistance against manual attack
The European Standard EN 1627:2011 has been prepared by Technical Committee CEN/TC 33 “Doors, windows, shutters, building hardware and curtain walling” assisted by the DIN work group “Burglary Resistance".
DIN-Geprüft is the quality mark for the tested and monitored conformity of a product with the respective requirements contained in the DIN or DIN EN standards.
The certification process follows the respective certification scheme (see tab “documents”). It defines all requirements on product, documentation and factory production control as well as sampling and testing conditions.
Once the tests have been passed successfully, DIN CERTCO issues a certificate that is valid for 5 years. This certificate can then be extended by further 5 years based on a regular monitoring of the production facilities.
Certificate holders are allowed to use the DIN-mark combined with its registration number in any kind of their communication media and publications.