Heat Pump DINplus
In winter, when temperatures are low, the soil and groundwater still contains a considerable amount of heat. Heat pumps are able to utilise these heat sources by raising the temperature level of the extracted heat which then can subsequently be used for heating houses.
A heat pump operates on the same principal as a refrigerator but in this case, however, the heating and not the cooling effect is utilised. It extracts heat at a low temperature level from an external source (soil, ground water or external air) and raises it to a higher level which may then be used for heating houses.
Today, there is a wide range of technically well-engineered heat pump products of various types available. These days, for planners, installation companies and users, it is becoming ever more difficult to select the correct product as externally there is very little to differentiate them. As the quality of the product effects to a large degree the service life of the product the correct purchase decision for the customer is financially important.
Trust is good – DINplus is better
With the internationally recognized and neutral quality mark "DINplus", DIN CERTCO offers manufacturers and suppliers of heat pumps the possibility to convince his customers of the quality of his products and to provide him with assistance in making decisions - for our mark is a sign of trust!
With the DIN certification, the manufacturer documents voluntarily that their heating cost allocator satisfies the standard requirements and that their products have been tested and certified by a neutral, independent and competent body.
Basis of Testing and Certification
The certification details and procedure are defined in a special certification scheme, which was developed jointly with the French certification body Eurovent Certita Certification (ECC) and based on the certification established in France NF PAC (NF Pompe à chaleur). This cooperation provides for the largest possible acceptance, transparency and marketability of the DINplus-certification as an extension of existing "Eurovent Certified Performance"-certificates.
The following European standards and directives are contained within the testing and certification:
- DIN EN 14511 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 1: Terms, definitions and classification"
- DIN EN 14825 "Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps, with electrically driven compressors, for space heating and cooling - Testing and rating at part load conditions and calculation of seasonal performance"
- DIN EN 15879-1 "Testing and rating of direct exchange ground coupled heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and/or cooling - Part 1: Direct exchange-to-water heat pumps"
- OM-17-2014 "The Operational Manual Eurovent Certified Performance of EUROPEAN HEAT PUMPS (2014-11)"
- RS 9/C/010-2014 "The Rating Standard Eurovent Certified Performance of EUROPEAN HEAT PUMPS (2014-11)"
Testing and Assessment
Only those heat pumps are certified with "DINplus", that were successfully tested by a testing laboratory approved by DIN CERTCO, neutrally assessed and thus proofed their compliance with the standards and certification scheme.
After a positive assessment result, DIN CERTCO issues a certificate which is valid for 3 years. The registration number with the format P1W000 enables a clear identification of the certified product and minimizes the misuse of the DINplus-mark.